Incorrect moisture levels during storage can cause major problems with spoilage of material due to mould growth, hot spots, and parasites. It is important to measure the moisture of the material flowing into storage and adjusting or diverting the material as necessary.
- Preserve the crops and grains for longer
- Prevent spoilage, mould growth, hot spots, breakages, and parasites
- Pay correctly for material delivery
- Reject material delivered at incorrect moisture level
- Adjust chemical dosing for moisture content