Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a few of the most common questions that are asked when customers are experiencing a problem with Hydronix equipment. Answers to specific product related queries can be found in the individual product User Guide in our Downloads Section.
If these questions do not assist you with your problem please contact the distributor that you purchased your equipment from. Hydronix has a global network of experienced distributors, who are trained in all aspects of using Hydronix microwave moisture measurement sensors. This includes installation, training and support. If you do not know who your distributor is please contact your local Hydronix office or complete our request for technical support form.
What do I do if I have a problem with my moisture sensor?
- Check the symptom table in the User Guide to try and eliminate the fault. If the problem persists contact your distributor or request Hydronix Technical support. Please have the serial number of the unit available as this will enable us to check the test history of the unit and it's original configuration.
What happens if the technical support team diagnose a problem with the sensor that cannot be fixed on site?
- If a problem exists with the sensor that cannot be fixed on site the unit will need to be returned to Hydronix for repair. Please contact your local distributor to arrange this. Dependent on the age of the unit, a service replacement unit may be sent to you in exchange for the faulty sensor (which must be returned to your distributor). This is a reconditioned unit which is fully upgraded with the latest firmware and circuitry and can be used in place of the faulty sensor. It also comes with a 6 month warranty.
What do I do if I have a problem with Hydro-Com?
- Refer to the "Computer does not communicate with the sensor" section in the symptoms table in the Hydro-Com User Guide. If this does not solve the problem please contact your distributor or Hydronix technical support who will assist you.
What do I do if I have a fault with my Hydro-Control V?
- Refer to the fault section of the Hydro-Control user guide. If the fault still cannot be corrected please contact your distributor or Hydronix technical support. We would recommend that you use the upgrade utility to take a back up of recipe and system parameters. You should also use the upgrade utility to download a copy of the mix log. The Backup/Restore and Upgrade Utility for the Hydro-Control V can be found in our the Software and Firmware page of our Downloads section. If the fault cannot be fixed over the phone technical support may ask you to email a copy of the recipe and system parameters as well as the mix log with notification on it of the problem mixes.
What do I do if I have a fault with my Hydro-Control VI?
- Refer to the fault section of the Hydro-Control user guide. If the fault still cannot be corrected please contact your distributor or Hydronix technical support. We would recommend that you take a backup via a USB Flash Drive using the backup/restore button on page 1 of the system parameters. If the fault can not be fixed over the phone technical support may ask you to email a copy of the database with notification of problem recipes.
How do I know if I have the latest version of any Hydronix software/firmware?
- The latest versions of software and firmware can be found on our Software / Firmware Page. You can also download the latest versions from this page. If you do not have the latest version it is possible (particularly with software) that your fault may have been fixed with a later release. Try upgrading your device or contact technical support to find out what has been changed in later versions.
Which Hydronix technical support team covers my region?
- Full details of your local Hydronix office, including telephone, fax, email and postal addresses can be found on our Addresses Page